Home is where the heart is.
Fill out this form, then mail it to the address listed on the bottom of the form.
San Diego Fire Department must then send you a copy of the fire report. Unfortunately, however, it won’t have a lot of information. That’s because you’re only given a fire incident report and not a fire investigation report. They will not provide a fire investigation report unless you serve them with a subpoena. You can only do that if you’ve filed a small claims case or an attorney has filed a limited or unlimited case on your behalf. If the former, use this document; if the latter, use this document.
Here are some more things you should know.
- Sometimes insurance companies hire private companies to investigate the fire and issue a report. If your insurance company did that, make sure to request a copy.
- Most insurance companies want you to contact the local fire department and then give them a copy of the department’s report. There’s nothing wrong with that, and in most cases you’re required to cooperate with your insurance company.
- Can you sue for wildfire damage in California?
- What to do if your house is damaged by fire?
- What is the value of damaged trees in California?
- What is the Made Whole Doctrine?
- How to make a fire damage insurance claim?
Have questions? Contact Me for a free consultation.
Evan is a Fire Damage Attorney who also handles California Wildfire Claims. His practice includes Tree Damage and Inverse Condemnation. He is based is San Diego, and does a lot of work as a San Diego Fire Damage Attorney.