Was your home or business damaged by water? Want a lawyer experienced with water damage claims and who used to work for insurance companies defending water damage claims?

Call Evan, a San Diego Water Damage Lawyer who has experience with water damage claims. He’s highly rated by former clients. Read more at Reviews.

Evan worked for and defended insurance companies during the first 7 years of his practice. During that time, he defended insurance companies against Hurricane Katrine claims. He knows water damage claims from both defense and plaintiff perspectives. 

You need to distinguish between water damage and flood damage. Most policies cover the former but not the latter. And you need to determine the extent of water damage and its lingering effects on your property and health.

If you are disputing with your insurance company about water damage, you should contact a San Diego Water Damage Lawyer experienced with these claims. Read Evan’s blog about “El Niño Cometh: Understanding your Homeowners Policy.” Read too about appraisals, replacement cost coverage, and anti-concurrent causation clauses.

There’s a lot of info you should know. Evan can help. 

Evan has talked to San Diego news stations about water damage claims. He’s also taught other lawyers about them. See his YouTube page and About Me for more info. 

While living in New Orleans, Evan worked for insurance companies defending water and flood claims caused by Hurricane Katrina. He read through dozens of insurance policies to determine ways to deny claims. That’s what insurance companies require. Now Evan’s fighting back.


Evan W. Walker - Property Damage Attorney Experience with Water Damage Claims
Water Damage Claims Attorney

If your property or business sustained water damage and there’s a dispute between you and the insurance company, contact Evan, a San Diego Water Damage Lawyer who handles water damage claims.

Evan’s first years of law practice were spent defending Hurricane Katrina claims in New Orleans. He understands the tricks insurance companies use to deny your claim.

Call (858) 324-6606 for your free consultation.

What should I do if my house has water damage?

Immediately determine the extent of the damage. Undiscovered water damage can seep into your property causing significant damage and even mold.

How much does water damage cost to repair?

It depends on the extent of the damage. Category 2 water damage could be a few thousand dollars. Category 3 can be a total loss.

Will my homeowners insurance cover water damage or floods?

Homeowners insurance should cover water damage if the leak was sudden and accidental. It will not cover flood damage. Floodwater means outside water coming in.

Who is responsible if my house gets water damage?

It depends on the source of the water and the type of home. For example, water damage from a broken sink in a single family room may be your responsibility. Water damage from a broken sink in an upstairs condo unit, however, may be the responsibility of that upstairs unit owner or the HOA. Water damage from flood may be the responsibility of your neighbor or even the government.