Were you bit by a dog? Then contact Evan, a San Diego Dog Bite Lawyer.
Dog bites can be traumatic. Injuries include lacerations, disfigurement, and scarring. Scars from dog bites are very difficult to value, but as a former insurance defense attorney Evan learned how much insurance companies are willing to pay.
As always, it’s important to identify all responsible parties. And it’s crucial to allege all potential theories of liability in order to increase the chance of a full and fair recovery.
Here’s info on How To File A Dog Bite Report In San Diego.
And here’s some more helpful info: What are the San Diego Dog Laws?
What are the San Diego Dog Bite Laws?
Here are San Diego Dog Bite Laws:
- You must notify the Department of Animal Services if you 1) were bitten by a dog; 2) are a physician who treated any person bitten by a dog; or 3) your dog bit someone. See San Diego County Code 62.615;
- A rapid dog may be confined by the Department of Animal Services. See San Diego County Code 62.616;
- Biting dogs may also be isolated by the Department of Animal Services. See San Diego County Code 62.617;
- You may be arrested by the Department of Animal Services for violating these laws. See San Diego County Code 62.660 and following;
- Violations could include lacking a dog license (San Diego County Code 62.620) (San Diego County Code 62.663), keeping an unsanitary condition (San Diego County Code 62.668), not restraining your dog (San Diego County Code 62.669), and allowing a dog attack (San Diego County Code 62.669.1) (San Diego County Code 62.669.5).
What damages are recoverable for a dog bite case?
Recoverable damages for a San Diego dog bite case include past and future medical expenses, lost wages and earning capacity, and money for pain and suffering. Punitive damages may also be available.
If you have suffered personal injuries from a dog bite, contact Evan, a San Diego Dog Bite Lawyer. His office is in La Jolla, and he represents personal injury clients in La Jolla, Bird Rock, Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, Ocean Beach, Point Loma, UTC, and all throughout San Diego County. Evan brings the responsible parties to account so his clients receive full and fair compensation.
Call (858) 324-6606 for your free consultation.